Monday, June 6, 2011

"Don't hate all the roses because you were scratched by one thorn"

These past few days in my various conversations with people I have come to realize how often we focus on the past. I read a great quote the other day, it says “ You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present". We can't be so focused on things that happened in the past so much that it affects the way we act towards the future. It is going to be scary and new but that is the adventure of it. You can't live in a constant fear that you'll be hurt or that something won't turn out right. Don't hold back because opportunity won't always be there for you when your ready. Take that leap. As for myself I am taking my own leap of faith. One I am re-applying to the nursing program once more but at the same time applying for a study abroad program to Russia next spring. So the rest of you, just do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment